Monday, February 21, 2011

Girls Guide to Changing Breaklight Bulb

There are some things that a girl needs to know especially if she drives a lot. These things include changing tyres, checking battery water, topping radiator and changing breaklight bulbs.

In Fiji, it’s a crime to drive around with faulty lights and nowadays LTA (Land Transport Authority) officials are on the roads at all times. Now don’t ask me what they do coz I just might give my opinion on that!!! Anyway coming back to the original intent of the blog – changing breaklights!!!

I had to change the bulb for my car and as usual I turned to my favorite friend for help. I always turn to Google as I can find a lot of data on the net nowadays and I would say that google is the working girls best friend but surprisingly there weren’t anything remotely resembling what I was looking for : ).  Anyway I persevered and I’m putting this article out for any desperate damsels who may need it.

Steps:

Confirm the exact location of the light whose bulb needs changing. Note down the brand and make of model of the vehicle.

Purchase one. I like to keep spares for those occasions where I’m not near any shop. Any shop selling automotive parts will stock this item. Usually it can be found in service stations as well.

 Open the trunk and remove the screws of the rear lights. You’ll need to remove the lights in order to get to the bulb.

Gently remove the light from the vehicle.

 Replace the bulb

 Confirm the bulb is ok by pressing on the brake

Put everything back and screw it back.

Ensure that everything is in its right place and fully secured.



Tips:
  • 1.       Try to keep spare bulbs. Each costs about FJD$1. I keep 2
  • 2.     Keep a set of tools in the car. I keep a set of spanners, screw drivers (star and flat), a set of allen keys.
  • 3.       Keep a small torch for emergencies
  • 4.       Store a couple of rags
  • 5.       Always keep some water in the car.

1 comments:

Prabhat said...

I am impressed !!!


© 2011 Impressions in Time, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena