Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Being Sick!!!

When someone at home is sick your entire lifestyle becomes chaotic. Worry is the paramount state of mind and nothing else matters...

This year so far has been one ordeal after another.

First was Mom and after she got better Dad's health sank. We've spent the last 4 weeks getting him on his feet. During Mom's convalesce we sort of neglected Dads health. And he is not too good at the best of times. Anyways when Dad got sick (he was home for 2 weeks!!!) I told both of them that the next one to get sick is me. I want some undivided attention too you know!!! I know that I'm sounding like a spoilt brat but no thats really not the case... Obviously it was said in jest.

Even a cough or sneeze from either of them sends me into a hyper frenzy mode. Is this how it gets when one becomes a parent?

My answer to many things or illnesses is that to get better look after your liver!!! I had done a lot of research and from all the different readings I can say that it does make sense. So right now Dad has been asked to drink fresh fruit / vegetable juices. Maybe "Ask" is a wrong word to use - forcefully, emotionally, blackmailed into persuasion is more of a correct term!!! :)

Anyways this is how we are currently looking after my Dad's health at home!!!
  • He is drinking fresh juice extracted from Bitter Gourd (Karela) - one glass 2 - 3 times a day
  • He is having a mixture of honey, milk, almonds, eggs - twice a day
  • He is eating a lot of fresh organic vegetables, root crops etc etc
The aim here is to make him well and to fatten him up as well!!!

And after one month the changes are amazing (touchwood). I am getting a camera soon and visual comparison is much better than putting it in words. :)

0 comments:


© 2011 Impressions in Time, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena