Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Main Aim - 2008

One of my Goals, towards which I am working really hard, is: A House

I have decided that this year either I'll build or will buy a House.

I bought some land in 2006 in partnership with my brother. Here are the steps involved in buying land in Fiji.

  1. Find a suitable land to purchase
  2. Put a deposit of 20% if one doesn't have 100% payment.
  3. Sign alot of papers
      • Legal Papers
      • Contract
      • Mortgage Papers
      • Medical Reports - have to get it from Doctors
      • Full credit report
  4. Start payments on
  5. If investment is substantial have to have a Will. To protect your investment
  6. Start working on House Plans.
  7. Decide on a design
  8. Contact an Architect or Certified Civil Engineer to get drawing drawn up
  9. Sign up for water/power/city rates
  10. Submit house plans to City Council for vetting and approval
  11. Give approved plans to contractors for quotes
  12. Select Contractor
  13. Start Building
  14. House has to be inspected by Civil / Structural Engineers at every stage
  15. After final inspection of completed house as per Plan - Move In.
At present I am at Stage 10 - Give for Quotes

This is supposed to be a present for my parents.

So the complete design of the house was in my Mum's hands. I did so much research getting information and house plans in but the final decision was theirs. I had never thought that I'll be back to live with them. I had given up on believing that dreams can come true. :) Anyways the plans had been vetted by the Council before I even knew that I'll be moving and it was kinda late to make any changes.

Anyway I told Mum and Dad that the next House Plan will be as per my wishes :)

This is one major major reason why I was so much into buying a camera. I want to record the entire building process, the various stages... So hopefully I'll get my camera by 18th June and just keeping my fingers crossed on getting at least a couple of quotes by then....


0 comments:


© 2011 Impressions in Time, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena