Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Apostille Seal

This is something which is driving us crazy... Apostille Seal. My brother is currently doing his Ph.D studies in Czech Republic. This year a new Czech Law was passed that requires that his MSc Degree be vetted using an "Apostille according to the Hague Conference" for it to be recognized.

He corresponded with alot of Fijian Embassies overseas trying to find out where he can get it done. Only to be directed to the Ministry in Fiji. He sent his papers across to us and from that time time till today we have had to talk to sooo many people regarding this...

During one memorable conversation I was told that the seal will be applied on the originals... while listening to that I could picture myself being skinned alive!! I cannot imagine what will be my family's reaction should anything should have happened to our Degrees. I think "severe shock" if not heart attack...

And at least we can run around but my bro- he is in another country feeling helpless and not being able to talk to the officials. He tried to talk to his International Office and to USP about getting duplicate Degrees.. he was talking or emailing anyone who would be in a position to help... to find a way to get this "Apostille Seal" situation sorted. His entire life depended on it. And here in Fiji "it" had taken over our lives.

Anyway to cut the long story short... my mum and dad went to Suva today with strict instructions to:
  • get seals on copies and not on originals
  • do not leave the originals with anyone
  • to be very very humble and meek (which they are)
  • to be helpless (which is why I didn't go- I do not look helpless)
  • to use honey instead of vinegar (when I'm riled I'm like poison :) Another reason for not going.)
Anyway its sorted now... so hopefully David can have a good nights sleep tonight!!!

As for me... its another story....




0 comments:


© 2011 Impressions in Time, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena