Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My House

Ground Breaking for construction of our house was last week on 10th September 2008. The actual planning has been one long project and until it is completed we cannot have any peace. Now here are some of the things that I'll be going for.

1. Pine Decking at the Back for those lazy afternoons and b.b.q's
2. Small pond for lotus, fish and water plants
3. Big Bulk under the decking for storage
4. A closed off cook's garden for the vegetables and herbs
5. A greenhouse for the plants.
6. Going Solar for all my lighting needs. Plan are to go completely solar but this move is heavily dependent on cash flow so most likely will go in installments.
7. Have solar A/C 's in all rooms.

We are trying to go green with our house and somethings of note are:
1. Growing own vegetables
2. Go Solar (Lighting/A/C's)
3. Have compost bins
4. Collect all water (rain) for all gardening and washing purposes.
5. Practice the 3 R's (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle)

These are the plans anyway.

2 comments:

Prabhat said...

I envy you. You have a place to build such a house, a dream house. At the same time, I am so inauthentic. I do have options to build such a house. it is just that I will have to go to some remote place, away from modern cities. per... ye dil nahin manta hai :-(

Annjelyn Shalvina said...

You are most welcome to come anytime for a holiday... :) After all my house is your house ;)


© 2011 Impressions in Time, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena