Monday, October 06, 2008

Settlements!!

Settlements... Such a weird word... Infact right now I do not have any other way of describing it... I wonder at times that why do people choose this particular word any way ....

Well just to back track a bit here. BTW "settlements" mean "marriage".

And no.... I am not being touchy here. Its just that I'm wondering at the reasoning...

Why is "settlements" synonymous with marriage? Any particular reason??? Those people who are not married... are they not settled? Is with marriage only a person deemed well and truly settled? Those of us who are still single - are we balloons floating around?? Waiting to be settled???

This term is archaic and should be used only with extreme care. Well around me anyway. Nowadays people tend to get settled before marriage. Most like to be well and truly secure both financially and professionally before tying the knot. And it makes sense as well...

Anyways these are my thoughts... So till later!!!

0 comments:


© 2011 Impressions in Time, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena