Thursday, August 07, 2008

Honorary Doctorate

Lately I have seen that many use the title of a Doctor when addressing someone who has been given an Honorary Ph.D. Is it ok to do so? I'm not so very sure so I did a bit of research... and this is what I found:

Source: Wikipedia
Recipients of an honorary doctorate do not normally adopt the title of "doctor". In many countries, including the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and the United States, it is not usual for an honorary doctor to use the formal title of "doctor", regardless of the background circumstances for the award.
I know of someone who was granted a Ph.D after proving that one of the articles published in a Scientific Journal was not "correct" and he wrote to the Journal with full explanations and after alot of "work" he was given a Doctorate BUT he never used it and infact is currently completing his Ph.D.

Well each to their own I guess....

0 comments:


© 2011 Impressions in Time, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena