Thursday, July 17, 2008

Changing Routine

Something has been bugging me for sometime now... And usually I comment on it here and there but I finally decided to do something about it.

Ever since I started my new job I have been doing ALOT of traveling. Traveling as in driving to and fro from work!!! (No overseas trips yet)... I'm averaging around 1000KM minimum a week and that is some serious mileage.... With the recent increases in fuel prices and not to mention the frequent maintenance required now.... my Paycheck has a very sizeable dent in it before it comes to me :( (escalating car expenses)... Not to mention just how unhealthy my life has become of late...

So I've decided that from next week Monday I'll just catch a bus... (Its been ages since I've traveled in a bus so I'm looking forward to this :) )

I've been doing my research on the bus timetables and have found some good results. Only problem is that there is no early morning (5.00 A.M) buses from my home to town!!!

I'll just have to persuade Dad to drop me in town in the mornings and I'm planning to walk home (from town) in the evenings...

The total time that I'll spend traveling will increase by 1-2 hours but I think my carbon footprint will decrease considerably...

Hope this goes without a glitch.... (Keeping my fingers crossed!!!)

Things to do:
  • Buy a foldable umbrella
  • Sort out my stuff so that it fits one bag instead of one car!!!
  • Get plenty of loose change
  • Keep a change of clothes at work.
  • Have to give serious thought to my laptop.... leave it at work or bring it home!!!

0 comments:


© 2011 Impressions in Time, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena