Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Friendship???

Topic of Discussion for Today:

Can males and females be just platonic friends? And can they introduce them to their partners before marriage and after marriage without fear of any fights etc etc...?

I don't like the world platonic but friendship is very sacred for me. I despise people who are really not mature enough to understand the meaning of friendship. Infact one of my friends who I count amongst my very good friends, P, is still in touch with me and he has introduced his wife to me as well. I don't know if there have been any fights or not but I very much believe that my friendship didn't cause any problems... Right P??? :)

On the otherhand I had a few friends who once married didn't stay in touch... Can't really figure this one out...

For guys - Why is it so easy to introduce your male friends to your intended then your "girl" friends?

For girls - Why is it a problem if your partner has a female friend?

During lunch today I did pose this question to my colleagues. All of them are married so I got some good response.

One of the gents said that he had told his wife about his friends and girl friends and also introduced them but right now he is regretting doing this. And they have been married with two kids - approx. 10 years now. Reason for his regret: Every time they have a fight a list of things comes out and etc etc... :)

The ladies said that they make a list when their spouses/partners say anything good regarding the opposite sex. This mental list lies in hibernation until such time that it needs to be waved in the air during a heated argument!!!

I am not married but I find all this childish. Where is the trust which forms the basis of any relationship? Where is the maturity and understanding?

In todays world we spend most of our time at work where the workforce is made up of both gents and ladies. As a engineer I work in a male dominated industry so I have to tread very carefully at times. I make a point of meeting my colleagues spouses so they can place a face with the name... But still it sounds ridiculous...

The character of a person is truly revealed during such incidents.

I'll write more on this later!!!



2 comments:

Prabhat said...

hummm... intersting.
I never had any fight with my wife coz of my pre-marital friendships. In fact we talk about our friends with each other.

My way of life, express it completely. Don't leave any scope of confusion. Things clear out very easily.

Someone said it nicely : Friendship is the only relationship that we make on our own, without any kind of pressure.

Annjelyn Shalvina said...

I completely agree with you Prabhat... The saying is just wonderful!!!!


© 2011 Impressions in Time, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena