Friday, May 09, 2008

Dad and Cooking

Cont’d from yesterday
Dad has got into the mood now to do something special for Mothers Day. We are having our Father – Daughter meeting tonight to decide what exactly we’ll be doing. Though I have a fair idea that it’ll involve cooking!!! (I’ll come back to this later). My suggestion for Dad was to take Mom for a very long drive… you know the usual … take in a few sights, check out a few houses (designs that is) etc etc. His response on this was that Mom’s my Mom so I should do this while he’ll prepare food. Imagine this!!! Now if this is the case then I don’t know why they still insist on calling each other Mom and Dad. : )
I really do not want my Dad to cook.
One reason – he is too meticulous. If he is cutting carrots then all the carrots have to be of one size, onions have to be sliced to an exact thinness, the meat has to be lean meat and the list continues. This is only regarding the food not to mention that all the dishes that are available just have to be used. It’s like a cyclone has just passed though the kitchen!!! I don’t know if this is the case in any other household but it is true for my family… Now I wouldn’t mind any of this… I don’t mind the 3 hour preparation time for food that will be consumed in half an hour nor do I mind spending one hour washing dishes and cleaning up. Coz for some reason he absolutely hates cleaning up!!! What I do mind is that after all this activity he gets too tired and is so “full” that he doesn’t eat anything!!! And we are too guilty to eat anything!!! It’s like destroying an artist’s masterpiece.
Second reason – he is just recovering from a bad bout of influenza. He has been very sick of late and I would not want him to exert himself too much.
Big Reason – it’s not just Mothers Day. It’s their day so I would like to do the cooking without supervision!!!
So I guess the decision is very much made on who’ll be doing the cooking. :)

0 comments:


© 2011 Impressions in Time, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena