Thursday, May 01, 2008

Too Hot?

I spent yesterday in Lautoka... Not at home but at the Lautoka Office which houses the Finance and Logistics. Not only did I forego the 3 hour drive but I also managed to go home for wee bite to eat.

And truth be told yesterday was maybe one of the hottest days that I have encountered. The last time was the summer in India. It was scorching hot. I was so very tempted to fry an egg on the bonnet. Just as an experiment you see. But then I thought of all the damage that was going to inflict and not to mention the wrath of my dad should he realize what I was contemplating..(forget about even attempting it).. After visualizing these I decided that no experiment is worth it!! Also I didn't have any eggs near by :)

In Yaqara I don't generally feel the heat. Mainly coz that there is a lot of foliage which goes a long way to lower the temperature. So you can imagine my state when within 5 minutes of my leaving home I was dying to crawl back into an air-con office... I had literally wilted!!! And that too in such a short time. Wonder if its coz I'm de-hydrated. Now that would be the laughs - I work in the water industry : ) So this can never be an excuse.

The heat however did not seem to affect anyone else. Everyone was out on the roads waiting to catch a bus or a cab, the town was busy as anything and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. Of late, 3 months to be precise, we were plagued by rain. No wonder everyone was cheerful... I on the other hand am longing for cool weather now :( (without the rain)

0 comments:


© 2011 Impressions in Time, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena